• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Philadelphia Inquirer article With Fauci on ME/CFS and Long COVID

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Good to see Fauci engaged a bit more.

There are between 1 and 2 million with this affliction in America today, and with the ongoing COVID crisis, the ranks of the afflicted threaten to grow by many more millions. The layers of their life often strip away like paint, and a first casualty is often their job and whatever worth they got from it. If they are lucky, they have the assistance of a family. If unlucky, they battle in solitude.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...g-the-biggest-mystery-in-medicine/ar-AA1my1fs

A recent blog I did on Fauci

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2023/11/21/fauci-long-covid-chronic-fatigue/

hapl808

Good to see Fauci engaged a bit more.

Still, with his minimizing of post viral illness for FOUR DECADES while he had a stranglehold on the medical community not only nationally, but as a global leader of medical research - but now that he's a doddering retired old man with no power, suddenly he has an interest?

I have trouble reading stuff about him because he's been so damaging for research in these areas. And that's to say nothing of the vaccine injured, who he used like 'vulnerable' canon fodder in pursuit of the Greater Good.

I even understand public health deciding a measure may harm a few but help many (every intervention has risks) - but I have a huge issue with them lying about it and then trying to discredit and ridicule those suffering for that Greater Good because they don't want any doubt within the populace.

Many of us have lost the lives we had, and because of people like Fauci we can't even explain it to anyone. Tell someone you have cystic fibrosis and you'll get sympathy and support. Tell them you have a post viral condition (or even worse a post vaccine condition) which NIAID made an effort to demonize, and you'll get eyerolls and laughter.

BrightCandle

He is just busy trying to rewrite his history to cover up his part in Long Covid and why there are no answers after he dismissed ME. He is still talking about excluding ME patients from LC ME research so he hasn't yet had any real change of heart either despite words otherwise. Fauci is a snake and definitely not an ally.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It frustrates me that he said, "First, stick with only post-COVID patients; do not dilute your sample with other post-viral conditions."

In other words, "Continue to ignore those ME/CFS people.***"

And then, "Once you have your population, then cast a wide net into possible avenues of dysregulation. What blood markers were elevated at the start of their infection? What blood markers continue to be elevated after six months? Is there evidence of ongoing reaction to live or broken-down viral DNA? Who are the people who eventually get better? Who are the ones who continue to struggle?"

So in other words, "Don't do the most expedient thing and build off of what the ME/CFS researchers already know about those things from their research. No, no, no. Just start completely from scratch even if it means massive redundancy and wasted time, funds and brain power."

:mad:

@BrightCandle, you posted the same thing just as I was. :)

geraldt52

"Once you have your population, then cast a wide net into possible avenues of dysregulation..."
Oh, now that's rich...Anthony Fauci laying out methodology for solving Long Covid, after all he's done for CFS. Maybe he can enlist Suzanne Vernon to follow his instructions, and together they can accomplish nothing...as they've done for decades. Useless government employees both...

hapl808

He hasn't changed how he feels about ME, he still doesn't want it investigated. A change of heart, sort of a change of mind based on feelings.

Was trying to make the point that I don't think a 'heart' is present (or that he has any feelings, other than the feeling of his own extraordinary ego).