• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need someone who’s had experience with dr. Gillette from Barcelona

Hello, I am considering going to dr. Gillette in Barcelona, Spain, to get my neck evaluated. I had a whiplash in 2013 and my ME started some time after that. In addition to classic ME symptoms, I have debilitating pain in my neck and back of the head. I suspect my ME came a result of the neck injury, posibly CCI. I did a classical MRI which showed nothing, so I would like to do the upright MRI with flexion and extension and get a proper diagnosis.

Did anyone get evaluated by dr. Gillette? How does the whole process go and what are the prices? Can I do scans in his clinic?

Thank you a lot

Ok, so I wrote them and presented them with my situation. They replied telling me that dr. Gilete would like to see me and provided me with the details about the evaluation. They offer upright CT scans for CCI and AAI and the cost of it together with the consultation with dr. Gilete is 1400 euros. If I want an additional scan - MRI arterial/vein study of the head and neck, investigates stenosis or compression of the vascular structure of the brain and neck - that adds 300 euros to the cost. They also offer screenings for Chiari and Tethered cord syndrome, but from what I’ve read, I don’t see that I could have it. Lastly, if I want a written, detailed report of him, that’s additional 300 euros. They also provided me with the list of clinics in Europe and the rest of the world where these scans can be done and then the images can be sent to dr. Gilete for evaluation, no need to go to Barcelona.

I have to talk with my father these days and see if we can afford it.

Hope this information helps someone.

Ok, so I wrote them and presented them with my situation. They replied telling me that dr. Gilete would like to see me and provided me with the details about the evaluation. They offer upright CT scans for CCI and AAI and the cost of it together with the consultation with dr. Gilete is 1400 euros. If I want an additional scan - MRI arterial/vein study of the head and neck, investigates stenosis or compression of the vascular structure of the brain and neck - that adds 300 euros to the cost. They also offer screenings for Chiari and Tethered cord syndrome, but from what I’ve read, I don’t see that I could have it. Lastly, if I want a written, detailed report of him, that’s additional 300 euros. They also provided me with the list of clinics in Europe and the rest of the world where these scans can be done and then the images can be sent to dr. Gilete for evaluation, no need to go to Barcelona.

I have to talk with my father these days and see if we can afford it.

Hope this information helps someone
Hi! Did you solve your neck problem? I think I have the same one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am from Serbia. Did you do upright MRI there? I can't find anything closer than Germany 😒 It's good that you finally have a diagnosis, it's so hard to get it for us. Are you gonna get the surgery?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, are you from Belgrade? How much is the MRI in Germany?

I did CT scans in Barcelona, they are like MRI, but with radiation and dr. Gilete’s assistant says that they are more precise than MRI plus you don’t have to hold the positions for 20 min. I am really affraid of the surgery, so I’d like to give regenerative medicine a try first.

I am from Valjevo. I think it's about 600 700E. Did you try atlas ortogonal or chiro? I went to see Dr petar dinic, he is in Belgrade, you can look it up. He doesn't crack you spine, but uses some instrument. It helped with brain fog, but I am still dizzy. 😮‍💨I am now looking for a good phyisiotherapist here or in Belgrade. Do you know someone? I don't think I am a surgucal case either, so I will try everything before that.