• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)

SWAlexander

Medications for the Treatment of MCAS

Medications, as we mentioned, provide symptom relief and act as a diagnostic tool in the beginning. Some common MCAS medications include:
  • Emergency Medications – Adrenaline-based interventions, such as epinephrine (EpiPens) open the airways and work to address anaphylaxis.
  • Mast cell stabilizers – Medications, such as ketoifen and sodium cromoglicate, stabilize mast cells and reduce the release of mediators.
  • Mediator blockers – Mediator blockers, such as H1 and H2 antihistamines (diphenhydramine, loratadine, ranitidine, or famotidine), anti-leukotrienes, and anti-prostaglandins, help block the effects of mast cell mediators.
  • Corticosteroids – Corticosteroids, such as prednisone, help to reduce inflammation.
  • Vitamin & Mineral Supplements – Vitamins, such as vitamins C & D, Magnesium, and probiotics contribute to mast cell stabilization, preventing inflammatory responses, and the production, regulation, and breakdown of histamines.
  • Omalizumab – This medication blocks the binding of IgE to receptors and helps reduce mast cell reactivity and sensitivity, helping to reduce the risk of anaphylactic reactions.
  • https://rthm.com/articles/mast-cell...ource=Insta&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=MCAS

Rufous McKinney

thanks for posting this nice, succinct, summary type info

is QUERCETIN helpful?

I experience "angiodema": tissue swelling. When I am not on LDN, it's a daily occurrence, comes on around 5 pm. My teeth being pushed out of my palette. Fun stuff.

I don't seem to experience the types of symptoms listed above.

(I was allergic to everything at age 1)

SWAlexander

SWAlexander

Cytokines again and again.
𝙎𝘼𝙍𝙎 𝘾𝙤𝙑 2 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙘 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙮𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 (𝙃𝙈𝙍𝘿)

Precision nutrition to reset virus-induced human metabolic reprogramming and dysregulation (HMRD) in long-COVID:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41538-024-00261-2
1711957498738.png