• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Managing the balance between the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous systems going into overdrive

sb4

I think we tried them on B1 about a month ago, but they seemed to have some flushing from it, worsening their overheating, so stopped it. Is there any good way to counteract that?
Sorry not that I know of.
I'm sorry you experienced cardiac issues as well, did you manage to see a cardiologist for it? I've just asked their GP for a referral but she said they won't do home visits or anything remotely which is surprising, and disappointing.
I ended up pushing for a POTS diagnosis. First got seen in Sheffield then eventually got seen in London. Currently with Dr Nick Gall who is trying some meds. Also saw a POTS team in queens college London under Dr Ingle but the was mostly exercise focused and not helpful.

The way they Dx is via Tilt Table Test. I had one done in sheffield that fully fit the criteria for POTS but was instead given a Dx of Anxiety and Hyperventilation. So pushed for one in London where I stayed in hospital for 3/4 days and they did TTT and a bunch of other stuff where I finally got my Dx.

It would be ideal if you could get a Dx because then with the correct dr there will be a some meds you can try.

Grasping at straws a bit but what about something like this:
Leg air compression massager

Could help moving the blood around whilst she lays down. Some have reported improved symptoms with compression stockings that go up to the waist.

Wayne

Any ideas on treating this without restarting a sympathetic reaction?
You might want to consider a PEMF mat. I bought one recently, and use it 2-3x daily to calm my system down, but it has a gentle energizing effect as well. Helps me go to sleep at bedtime, get back to sleep in the middle of the night, and paradoxically, helps me wake up in the morning. @Mary -- Most companies offer a 30-180 day return policy, so if it didn't work, you could return it for a modest restocking fee. Here's a good introductory video on it by an Osteopathic physician.