• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just a request regarding bolding

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Just been meaning to ask people to minimize the use of bolding in their titles and posts. The words seem to swim (or move) on the page when I see lines of this and I can't read it. Could you please consider maybe using underlines or possibly italics instead? I mean a word here and there isn't bad but whole sentences are really hard for me. Maybe for others too. ???

Thank you.

:)

lenora

Yes, of course I won't use bold type on anything. We do tend to forget that there are many different aspects to this illness. Sight being one of them. Yours, Lenora

lenora

And what am I? Chopped liver, I guess. Just follow the rules & all of the best for the holidays and especially for 2024. Yours, Lenora

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Looks like someone may have missed the Christmas spirit.
Idk. Maybe he's just saying he understood. ???

I'm kinda thick so not very sure but I'd rather believe that's what it is. :)

I sometimes think my ME overlaps with autism a tiny bit where my communication is hit or miss sometimes. Maybe there are others here like that as well. ???

Anyway, thanks Wayne.
I think you were also trying to be a champion for what I was saying. That was nice too. :)

Last edited:

datadragon

Idk. Maybe he's just saying he understood. ???

I'm kinda thick so not very sure but I'd rather believe that's what it is. :) :)

Yes Judee. you posted Just been meaning to ask people to minimize the use of bolding in their titles and posts. The words seem to swim (or move) on the page when I see lines of this and I can't read it. Could you please consider maybe using underlines or possibly italics instead?

So I said hi judee underlined.

Rufous said I have trouble with italics AND underlining so I said hi rufous in bold etc. I was just playing around a bit with the understanding and a gif from seinfeld.

The problem is more that everyone will have something and so it would likely not work to try to do what everyone wants all the time which is why I was playing around, but if several people have mentioned bolding isnt helpful then its use can be stopped or minimized such as hip with just a few lines at most if needed to bring attention to one point.

And what am I? Chopped liver, I guess. Just follow the rules & all of the best for the holidays and especially for 2024. Yours, Lenora

Hi Lenora.

you just didnt post any request really other than perhaps a bigger font for eyesight, only that you dont use bold for others.

Looks like someone may have missed the Christmas spirit.
Hi Wayne. That was posted on Sunday, not on christmas. I explained better here why I said that. Hope you feel ok :thumbsup: and by any chance are there any funny looking mushrooms around the house😉

mario.jpg

Last edited: