• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting results supplementing copper, but also side effects

datadragon

Liver becomes toxic at high doses due to the level of copper, not B12.

Beef liver is a good bioavailable form of copper normally in low amounts due to including the cofactors such as Vitamin A and Zinc, which is what is missing in supplements usually to make ceruloplasmin. However, Vitamin A can be toxic if consumed in large amounts, because it accumulates in the body. I posted that I found this is specifically due to not being able to convert Vitamin A to active forms and then eliminating it such as mentioned toward the bottom here https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-vitamin-a-retinol-in-that.91474/post-2452441

Unfortunately that requires zinc to convert the vitamin A which becomes an issue during inflammation or infection that is chronic and therefore cant help reduce the potential for vitamin A toxicity. So yes the copper and Vitamin A can both become inflammatory and more problematic during chronic inflammation states taking high doses during that time. Likely better to take small doses daily vs large doses at once.

Thanks! My zinc levels are normal too, I took zinc for several years but after my bad experience with NAC and thiamine which triggered MCAS/Histamine Intolerance I have difficulty taking zinc, even in a small dose of 10mg my neuropathy returns on the same day, I'm going to risk just Vitamin A, I hope it has a positive impact on ceruloplasmin and doesn't trigger my MCAS!
Ok. Zinc is not stored in the body long term so many do become deficient easily then under inflammation or infection it becomes unavailable to utilize fully as normal during that time. However, Zinc is required in multiple steps of FcεRΙ-induced mast cell activation, including degranulation and cytokine production.so it can boost immune/mast cell responses. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6286780/ It also works to boost TH1 immunity (zinc deficiency leads to reduced Th1 immune response), especially when taken with selenium and perhaps added Vitamin A and D. So its more of a balance. In africa they seem to have genetics that favor reduced zinc due to skewing the body naturally more toward TH2 to deal with a geographically local parasite for example so there are also differences among the population genetics as well Blood Type A's also seem to have genetics that favor lower zinc levels as more normal for them as their baseline state I'm looking into.

Last edited: