• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many of you have had singel fiber EMG done? POLL

Have you done any of these tests?

• Yes, singel fiber EMG with findings

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, singel fiber EMG without findings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, quantitative EMG with findings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, quantitative EMG without findings

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No singel fiber EMG test done

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No quantitative EMG test done

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Conventional EMG (standard EMG) with findings

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Conventional EMG (standard EMG) without findings

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

ChookityPop

I ask due to the recent finding in LC where 63% had myopathic changes on quantitative and sfEMG. Important to note that this is not regular EMG which is the only thing I have been offered through the years. I have had multiple EMGs which have all been normal but I did sfEMG and repetitive nerve stimulation test and was told they saw some abnormalities. I am waiting for the final report. I have a feeling most ME/CFS patients aren't tested with these but lets see what the poll says.

Myopathy as a cause of Long COVID fatigue: Evidence from quantitative and single fiber EMG and muscle histopathology https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1388245723000196?via=ihub

1699185974949.png

Last edited: