• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GPCR antibodies

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
Hey, i wanted to know how high the prevalence of GPCR antibodies is in the Forum.

I have read its arround 30-50% in CFS so a negative Test doesn't exclude CFS really.

Mine Just came Back an all the tested GPCR antibodies (i think 5 of them) came Back negative.

I am thinking about what they do exclude, and what I can do with this information. Probably Not very much huh?

Hoosierfans

I read an article recently that there are over 800 GPCR antibodies. 😵‍💫. I had the CellTrend POTS / SFN panel and was positive for 8 out of 12. (Alpha-1, Beta-1, Beta-2, Muscarenic Cholergenic 3 and 4, AT1R, ETAT and TS-HDS)

I think the jury is still out on a lot of these. As someone commented in the forum recently…doctors in Europe treat this antibodies as the second coming of Jesus, where as in the US nobody pays any attention to them at all. That’s been my experience — I’ve seen several autonomic neurologists, an autoimmune neurologist and rheumatologist and they tell me that the test is “interesting”, but there’s not enough research to show causation in any disease (cue showing me the door).

Blazer95

That does Sound like a Lot.
(Dont wonder about Capital Letters my autocorrect is German and randomly capitalises words)

I have Had:
- ace2 (in Case of vaxine or covid induced)
GPCR:
- beta1
- Beta2
- m3
- M4
- endothel-ab
- par1
- angiotensin II
- cxcr3

And Not a single one blinked Up. I am surprised but this May mean (UNSURE) that my fatigue May be Not autoimmune Driven.

Perhaps i am one of the chronic viral / chronic infectious CFS Patientes.

I have Had a positive igG in lyme (negative LTT tho).
I have also Had a highly positive LTT on CMV and Chl. Trachomatis but i am unsure If the LTT actually indicates disease Activity Not Just immune reaction.

I think PCR might be the best way to Go for the CMV...

I really wished science would be a Bit more advanced in Terms of CFS

Blazer95

Further i have Had severly reduced NK-T-cells (NK Cells themselves are fine). This May indicate some sort of Crashed immune system.

I am highly interested in seeing how other CFS'lers NK-T-cells present aswell. I guess time will Tell US.

Dude

And Not a single one blinked Up. I am surprised but this May mean (UNSURE) that my fatigue May be Not autoimmune Driven.
Perhaps i am one of the chronic viral / chronic infectious CFS Patientes.
The test methodology seems to be quite fuzzy. In another German LC forum there are quite a few reports of people who received different values at different laboratories. Partially went from positive to negative. Also, I read somewhere that with the bioassay procedure more people are tested positive than with Elisa. Or vice versa? unfortunately I can't find a source for this.

I think the Charite is also still working on a procedure to standardize the values. So I would not put much value on it at the moment.

I did the cell trend test and was positive for all ME related AABS - beta 1, beta 2, anti M3 and anti M4. Beta 1 aabs make the heart pump less effectively. Beta 2 aabs interfere with blood vessel vasodilator. Anti M3 and M4 negatively effect parasympathetic function.

Hoosierfans

I had the CellTrend POTS / SFN panel and was positive for 8 out of 12. (Alpha-1, Beta-1, Beta-2, Muscarenic Cholergenic 3 and 4, AT1R, ETAT and TS-HDS)

I should have added — 9 months of autoimmune / high dose IVIG did nothing for me. I was hopeful based on the work of Dr Schofield and others that it would work but it didn’t.

I may need something like PLEX or HELP but not sure I can access it here in the US. Or, maybe as Prusty’s has surmised, IVIG alone isn’t gonna cut it — we need antivirals + Pentaglobin (IVIG that contains IGM) + other therapy