• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Update on NICE Response to “Anomalies” Paper; Higher ME/CFS Population Estimates in CDC Survey

Countrygirl

David tackles the mystery of NICE's disappearing paper written in response to the BPS cabal's attack on the NICE guidelines in the BMJ last summer.

https://virology.ws/.../trial-by-error-update-on-nice.../...

Trial By Error: Update on NICE Response to “Anomalies” Paper; Higher ME/CFS Population Estimates in CDC Survey​

Leave a Comment / By David Tuller / 3 January 2024
By David Tuller, DrPH

In July, the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry published a “whine de coeur” called “Anomalies in the review process and interpretation of the evidence in the NICE guideline for chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis.” The lead author was Professor Peter White, lead author of the discredited and arguably fraudulent PACE trial; he was joined by 50 colleagues, including his two PACE co-lead investigators, Professor Michael Sharpe and Professor Trudie Chalder. These NICE critics outlined eight “anomalies” in the development of its 2021 ME/CFS guideline. (The issues described as “anomalies” were downgraded from “errors,” as they were called in a previous version of the article that had found its way online.)
The eight concerns raised–whether called “anomalies” or “errors”–were easily rebutted. But rapid responses from patient advocates or blogs from observers like me are not the same as a robust response from the prime target of this pathetic, poorly reasoned attack—NICE itself.