• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Constant anxiety/nerves/butterfly belly

Hi all, does anyone have this constant feeling or nerves in their belly? I should say I don’t actually experience anxiety. I can’t really find a better way to explain this feeling, just imagine having butterflies but for no real reason. I experience it CONSTANTLY. It might even be getting worse due to some supplement side
effect. I don’t experience sickness or nausea either, just this along with a tight abdomen and bloating. Has anyone successfully treated this?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
When I took some Levaquin in the hospital recently it messed up my eyesight and made me feel like I had horrible restlessness and pain in the muscles of my lower back and legs. That part interfered with my sleep because I couldn't stay laying down for more than 10 minutes at a time. I had to get up and pace. It was miserable and I'm glad that it's mostly worn off now.

Can you pinpoint when your symptoms started for you and what you were doing, eating, or taking around that time? That might help you figure out what you need to avoid now to have it start going away.

Anyway, just a thought.

Rufous McKinney

Has anyone successfully treated this?
I"ve been recently having more issues with my stomach emptying (I suspect) and the pit of my stomach is stressed out.

This reminds me of High School when years ago, it was my stomach took the brunt of stress.

I feel some nausea at times, myself. And its all FLUTTERING in there.

I use Copaiba oil, and put in on topically on my stomach. I also use these biomagnets. Sometimes I'll also take a few chinese stop the nausea pills.

Mostly I need to get less stressed (I moved recently). So yesterday I tried some deep breathing which helped.

hapl808

Hi all, does anyone have this constant feeling or nerves in their belly? I should say I don’t actually experience anxiety. I can’t really find a better way to explain this feeling, just imagine having butterflies but for no real reason.

Had it for years. Not sure what it was. Various muscle relaxant stuff helped me a bit. Stomach medication did pretty much nothing. Maybe it's some version of IBS. Went down the various rabbit holes like SIBO (helped a bit), etc.

In the end, when I became more severe and housebound, I also started eating a very restricted diet and having much less activity - that fixed most of the feeling. I still get it when my diet varies or if I crash, which is unfortunate because all the stuff I enjoy makes me crash (listening to music, talking on the phone, even concentrated computer work). If I'm only resting, I'm incredibly bored but I don't get that weird pit of my stomach feeling anymore.

hapl808

I also get horrible acid reflux if I do stuff that is beyond my energy envelope, even if it's not enough to make me crash. So if I talk on the phone in the evening, the next day or two I'll have acid reflux. (But that's different than the old pit of my stomach shakiness that I used to feel.)

Thinktank

I always get that butterfly/anxiety feeling in the stomach when i have a bout of gastritis or an ulcer. Do you suffer from inflammation in the stomach or intestines?