• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can Vitamin K1 and K2 (mk4/mk7) Supplement INcrease bleeding tendencies?

linusbert

my current vitamin D course includes,
Sunday to wednesday (on 4 consecutive days),
- 5000iu vitamin D
- vitamin k1 500ug , vitamin k2 mk4, 1000ug, k2 mk7 45 ug
- 100mg magnesium , 200mg potassium, a bit sodium
- a few grams vitamin c sodium ascorbate
- zink , selen
- carnitine fumarate
- so + mi a active b complex from countryside

i noticed increased frequency of nose bleeding like at least once a day where as usually i wouldnt get serious nose bleeds for like weeks or month. also when i finger prick my fingers for blood sugar measuring, i noticed when i measured 2 hours later (i use one finger a day for measuring) that my previous prick spot would also bleed again when slightly pressuring the finger for better blood drop acquirement.

i notice the same symptoms when i would take vitamin E supplements or omega3 supplments. but i did take non of those. it usually occurs the day after.

so can, high dose vitamin k1 or k2 increase bleeding tendencies?
this seams to make no sense for me at first, as k1 actually should decrease bleeding incase of k1 deficiency.

i do not get bruises. it seams to be mainly nose.

Last edited:

lenora

I would check with a doctor or nutrionist (if you have access to one). I was told that if you were on something like Plavix that yes, your bleeding tendency could increase.

Also, some people are just genetically inclined that way. Try getting it from food until you can ask someone more knowledgable. I bleed easily before, and yet clotting had always been my problem. It can be dangerous....so be careful. Yours, Lenora

linusbert

I would check with a doctor or nutrionist (if you have access to one). I was told that if you were on something like Plavix that yes, your bleeding tendency could increase.

Also, some people are just genetically inclined that way. Try getting it from food until you can ask someone more knowledgable. I bleed easily before, and yet clotting had always been my problem. It can be dangerous....so be careful. Yours, Lenora
yea, i will change to my carlson k2mk4 now again. didnt recall to get it from that. so it might be the k1 specifically.
also i will change omega3 to only 1 tsp - after things changed back to normal.

datadragon

Heres a brief list of some things to consider, they add together and depending on genetics even just one or two can throw your body into a certain direction so you can double check the list. Also consider ingredients such as hand and body soaps, lotions, shampoos, cosmetic or acne treatments etc. It is generally suggested that you should discontinue all of these and only add a couple back after it normalizes to check and of course consult with your medical doctor.

Thin blood vit e, fish oil/omega 3s, magnesium, nattokinase, serrapeptase, b3, vitamin c, quercetin, garlic, ginseng, licorice, saw palmetto, st johns wart, danshen, evening primrose. ginkgo biloba, bomelain, aloe, melatonin, Quercetin also in red, yellow and white less onions, asparagus, and apples, as well as tea and red wine, tumeric, ginger, aspirin (and anything that has salicylic acid) cayenne pepper/paprika - Capsaicin was found to suppress platelet aggregation markedly, piperine (black pepper) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145312/
vit e containing foods: almonds, (so almond butter, almond milk), almond oil, sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil 26%, olive oil 2.93mg 20% dv per 14 g tablespoon, grape seed extract, canola 16%, palm oil 14%, peanuts, peanut butter, avocado, salmon, brazil nuts , pistachios (less but has), pumpkin seeds (less but has), cashews (2% dv so ok as has vitamin k), cranberries, turnip greens, beet greens, butternut squash, broccoli, asparagus, mustard greens, swiss chard, collards, spinach, rosemary , sardines 9% dv vitamin e+mag+niacin.

on the other side - clotting: Leafy vegetables, like collard greens, spinach, lettuce and kale. Other types of vegetables like broccoli and okra. Certain fruits, like blueberries and grapes. Soybean products, including oil and natto. Nuts, like pine nuts and cashews. Animal products, like chicken, ground beef and eggs

Last edited: