• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australian doctor working with ME/CFS

Haley

A lot depends on what state your in, and if you're looking for a GP or an integrative doctor. There are some Aussie Facebook groups which often ask the same question - you may get more of a response there. Too brain dead to link them atm, but let me know if you want the names of them and i can track them down 😊

It does depend on your location but don't hesitate to ask if the clinic offers telephone or video calls.

If you PM me I will send you a couple of names.
Hi Turtle - sounds great - sorry not sure how to send a PM (novice and clearly not tech savvy !!) - could you PM me? Thank you so much!

A lot depends on what state your in, and if you're looking for a GP or an integrative doctor. There are some Aussie Facebook groups which often ask the same question - you may get more of a response there. Too brain dead to link them atm, but let me know if you want the names of them and i can track them down 😊
Hi Haley! I'm totally open to both! That would be absolutely amazing if you could track some names down and send them through. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it!! Thank you so much

Haley

Hi Haley! I'm totally open to both! That would be absolutely amazing if you could track some names down and send them through. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it!! Thank you so much
Sorry for the delay in replying - the humidity here is really messing with me.

Dr Mark Donohoe at Mosman Integrative Practice and Dr Richard Schloeffel are probable the 2 biggest names in Oz for ME/CFS. I think there are some other GPs at Dr Donohoe's practice who are also meant to be pretty good. NIIM in Melbourne is also another one I have heard of, but haven't looked into it so can't comment further.

If you are on Facebook, try the "ME/CFS Australia Community" group and/or the "Good Australian Doctors for POTS/Long Covid/ME/CFS/EDS" group. Lots of talk about drs on both of those :)