• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

After using mB12 for 5 years, OCD extrasystoles and changed personality... should I stop it?

After increasing little by little (drop by drop) of mB12, since I am ultra sensitive to almost everything, for years I was taking 750 mcg, and it was simply fine, my FCS remained almost non-existent (with a sedentary life) but in the last months I increased the dose until almost reaching 1 mg (18 drops).. then I began to have perpetual insomnia, and despite not noticing that "overmethylation" that I notice every time I increase a single drop, this continued.... apart from that I generates a problem, I cannot use my creativity, or anything that makes my brain work, such as searching for interesting things on the internet, or watching tutorials, etc., 'because this leads me to a very uncomfortable hyper-accelerated brain, and makes my insomnia worse. . Furthermore, my personality was changed, with a greater tendency toward OCD and obsessions. One of the most uncomfortable side effects (which I now know was due to MB12) was extrasystoles... for years I have suffered from them without knowing the cause, and I have seen that MB12 was the cause due to the following.

Since I was noticing such unpleasant symptoms, I decided to progressively lower the dose of mB12, and it was wonderful at first, I was much more relaxed, even with sleep almost all day, I had recovered, my brain, my personality! and I slept deeply, although with very vivid dreams, (a lot), the extrasystoles disappeared, and my artistic personality returned....

The first problem came when I lowered the drops too quickly, I noticed a type of anxiety different from the acceleration of the mB12, but then it stabilized, but the big problem is that one night I felt very, very bad, I actually got scared because I didn't I knew what was happening... then I realized it was because of the big drop (at least for me and a big drop in dosage) from 18 drops to 8.

The second big problem is that chronic fatigue has reappeared!! I can feel it even without making any physical effort, and 2 days ago I had clear symptoms after a 10-minute walk to the supermarket.

I have increased from 8 to 10 drops, and the fatigue has improved a little, but the extrasystoles and the change in personality and light sleep have returned.

The thing is complicated...what do I choose, chronic fatigue but well being emotional and relaxing?

Or was it chronic fatigue but hello to the terrible extrasystoles, insomnia and inability to do anything "that uses my brain"?

Of the rest of the actions for methylation, I have tried everything, and methyl folate is a big no for me, it makes me directly sick, the active form of b6 is unbearable, the ad12 is horrible, it's like taking 1000 amphetamines... the SAME makes me terribly sick....
I've tried basically everything... and everything overwhelms me...

any advice ? Does anyone else have extrasystoles x MB12? and changes in personality?

I assume that my undermethylation (although never corrected because I can't even touch the methylfolate) is not so serious or does not need so much supplementation with mega doses that I read here (for me it would be unthinkable) and that I was overmethylating, and I should simply look for a "point sweet! where I can be comfortable with the MB12, but assume that chronic fatigue is going to be present in my life again?