• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

• Country Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natural Factors

• Bluebonnet

• Life Extension

• Thorne Research

• DaVinci Laboratories

• Protocol for Life Balance

• Nutricology

• Olympian Labs

• MRM

• Progressive Labs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pela

Freddd did post on the Healthy Skeptic blog back in August that he retested Jarrow this summer after hearing that it had changed. He said it is now a 3, not a 5. He still recommends Enzymatic Therapy. I wold love to know if a 5 star 1000 mcg Enzymatic Therapy tablet is better than a 3 star 5000 mcg Jarrow.

arx

As Jarrow is winning the poll, I want to ask those who voted for Jarrow, if it is still effective or not? There was a lot of debate on the jarrow-did it change??? thread about the same and after reading it, I do not feel like buying Jarrow mb12 at all. But still Jarrow has maximum number of votes.

Jarrow- To buy or not to buy?

Victronix

Just reviewing the "Jarrow did it change" thread and this one, it seems that the most people have tried Jarrow because it was recommended, and because for a long time it worked very well (and for one person it continues to work). But the number of people who reported the same problem with Jarrow at the same time, and who tested and reported that other brands worked better, including Fredd (who crashed on Jarrow), suggests that it should no longer be recommended. I don't know if you can edit he poll, but I would recommend adding a caveat about Jarrow's numbers on there. Alternately, one can just read the threads on their own, but often polls can be influential . . .

arx

Just reviewing the "Jarrow did it change" thread and this one, it seems that the most people have tried Jarrow because it was recommended, and because for a long time it worked very well (and for one person it continues to work). But the number of people who reported the same problem with Jarrow at the same time, and who tested and reported that other brands worked better, including Fredd (who crashed on Jarrow), suggests that it should no longer be recommended. I don't know if you can edit he poll, but I would recommend adding a caveat about Jarrow's numbers on there. Alternately, one can just read the threads on their own, but often polls can be influential . . .

Hi Victronix,

I agree, polls can be influential. When I created this thread, the Jarrow controversy was not as serious as it is now. After many people talking about it on the 'did it change?' thread and Freddd's experience with it, I think adding some text about it in the options would be for the good. I cannot edit the poll, there is no option. I will contact a moderator and request.

arx

The poll has been changed now. Thanks to our moderators.

Victronix
Some text has been added with the Jarrow option in the poll,and on the first post of this thread.

perchance dreamer
An option for Progressive Labs has been added. Do vote for it.Will help those who are reading this poll.

roxie60
An option for Pure Encapsulations has been added.If it is helping you,do vote.

roxie60

I voted Pure Encapsulations because that is what i am taking (along with an Rx called Metanx). My B12 numbers have increased greatly on the MB12, B+ Ultra and Metanx. However, I'm not sure I'm seeing the benefit others report like more energy and less brain fog. Dr suggested there might be another gene expression or upstream/downstream issue. I dont know what this means other than it may impede my ability to feel/be better.

It might be informative to have a similar poll: "What brands have you tried and found to be ineffective (either they were never effective, or they used to be effective and now no longer are)".

Would any one else be interested? If yes, should we add it to this poll (assuming you can have two polls in one post) or start a new thread/poll?

arx

It might be informative to have a similar poll: "What brands have you tried and found to be ineffective (either they were never effective, or they used to be effective and now no longer are)".

Would any one else be interested? If yes, should we add it to this poll (assuming you can have two polls in one post) or start a new thread/poll?

Hi thinpaperwings,

I don't think two polls are possible in one thread.You can go ahead and create a new poll about ineffective brands. You can use the option list from this poll itself, and add more if you think any brands are missing.
Personally, in the 'never effective' category, I'd say the ones which have not been voted at all in this poll would fit. In the 'effective and no longer are now', Jarrow would fit, as there are lot of discussions about it being changed. I've also seen that people may need different brands(or combinations of brands). It's good to have a poll about these things, and I hope many people vote(a poll where >100 people have voted would be a good one)

I have the best results with the Superior Source product that combines 5000 mcg methyl b12, 800 mcg folic acid, and 2 mg B6. I take 3, 1x daily and it seems to make a lot of difference for me.

Freddd

Another brand that has been nominated as superior is the Vitamin Shoppe house brand mb12 1mg.

Very excitatory and neurologically brightening are the characgteristics desired for thiose still sensitive in that way. Tjis isn't about serum level. This is about qualitative aspects of the cobalamin itself. I'm investigating along these lines and there are a lot of dirty little secrets we don't know about the difficulty of producing a genuinely pure single isomer (or something of the sort) product. It turns out this is an extremely difficult producrt to do excellently. I propose we set up a buyers club and contract with a company to produce exactly what we need. I can't afford another setback. I recover a little less well each time so far. We could probably contract with a friendly online seller for fullfillment.

L'engle

moogle
I was using AOR with good effects earlier in the year but I'm not sure if it is as good lately either. It's hard to tell given the other factors that contribute to my standard of health though so I cant say one way or the other. I haven't quite gotten back to the level I was at before summer when I had setbacks due to diet and sleep, but I have no definite way of sorting this out.

PS Great idea Freddd in the post just above this one!

Freddd

I've spent my life in the insurance and financial world. I was bonded for millions. What we will need to be able to do is after approval of the prototypes and approval of the product we would need to basically be able to buy a batch, on the order of $100,000 wholesale, basically a years supply for some hundreds of people, depending upon doses. Unless we can convince them that we can guarantee the sellout at market. However, we would still want to work special caselot deals for wholesale prices for a co-op seller.

As far as testing mb12, I find a week on any is quite sufficiently long to tell how well it works if it is the ONLY mb12 being taken. If you switch to a better one after that time the effect should be obvious. So basicall, a week on ENZY, a week on the test and then a week on the ENZY and then a week on the other again. The resullts should be clear. Find one to be you standard and compare all others to that one. If you find a better one, that becomes your test standard. Best of look. I found the pairs testing, A-B-A-B style to be completely reliable and effective in this for anybody of reasonable sensitvity to these items. The "Best" is the one thak kicks ass most.

Also, if we decided that we have to handle fullfillment, I could set that up in a week if we had enough participants to do so. I also have a potential finacier in the health care field who has found these b12s to be of tremendous value to himself personally. I have enough suitable unemployed friends, neighbors and family that quality staffing could be available immediately. I would want to set it up to be able to employ some of us disabled by this set of diseases. For that matter, maybe I should explore our very own local vitamin companies in state for a custom set of products. If it hadn't been fot the efforts of Orin Hatch (R) US senate from Utah for the last 20 years these things would already be illegal.

pela

I have been combing through sublingual methylcobalamin on Amazon--there pages and pages. After eliminating all the ones we already know about, plus those that contain folic acid or croscarmellose sodium, I came up with the following brands: KAL, Wonder Lab, Kirkman (powder), and Prohealth. Anybody have experiemce, good or bad, with these brands?

arx

Just found Doctor's Best methyl B12 in a capsule. New product?

Yeah,I guess it's a new one. Even I saw it yesterday.
Will the absorption of a capsule be equal to that of a sublingual? (Assuming the capsule contents are kept in the mouth as a sublingual for the same duration)

Hi, I have used Jarrow and Solgar brands. Have been using Jarrow for 2 years now. It works for well for me and haven't noticed any change.

Daisy