• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow- did it change???

cph13

adreno....3rd day of Life Extension (LE)I was very active....than, unfortunately, as usual, as the good feeling and activity came; it went. I am, as of today, upping it to 5mg as opposed to 3 3/4mg.I find that LE crumbles moreso than Enzymatic Therapy when cut with an exacto knife (back to serated knife). I'm waiting for my Iherb delivery...nothing yet like Enzymatic therapy so far.

adreno

PR activist
adreno....3rd day of Life Extension (LE)I was very active....than, unfortunately, as usual, as the good feeling and activity came; it went. I am, as of today, upping it to 5mg as opposed to 3 3/4mg.I find that LE crumbles moreso than Enzymatic Therapy when cut with an exacto knife (back to serated knife). I'm waiting for my Iherb delivery...nothing yet like Enzymatic therapy so far.
Ok, so you're saying that Enzymatic Therapy is more potent? Or just easier to cut?

There is also a Bluebonnet one, without artificial sweeteners:
http://www.iherb.com/Bluebonnet-Nut...erry-Flavor-5000-mcg-60-Chewable-Tablets/9996

cph13

Enzymatic Therapy is more potent! It also is easier to cut.
Hmmmm will add bluebonnet to my list of "b12's to try" someday. I am desperately waiting for my delivery of ET. I will be happy camper when it comes.

Bump...

DENG WHICH BRAND SHOULD I TAKE?lol
Dont know whether to take the 5000mcg Jarrow or 2 of1000 E.T. or maybe a different brand.
hmm.

I know, old thread. But I have the same question as deleder2k
Anyone taking Jarrow mb12? I recently ordered it.

I stopped using Jarrow a couple years ago because the citric acid was eroding my tooth enamel and causing mouth sores

I was using the Perque hydroxycobalamin about a year and a half ago and it was OK. I realized that I get better results with the enzymatic therapy B12 infusion.

I would like to try The AOR brand, but since it has citric acid in it it's a no go

Gary,
I was not aware of that CL product. It is a higher dose than the ET one, so I think I will order it next time. So do you see noticeable positive effects from it?

garyfritz

Absolutely, @sedonagal. My symptoms manifest in several ways, but one is that I wake in the night with tensed and twitching muscles. For a while I was having near-seizures in the night, thrashing all over the bed. I would twitch and thrash in this nightmarish state for 4-5 hours before it would finally burn itself out and I would conk out in exhaustion.

When I discovered B12, I found that I could take 1/4 or 1/2 of a CL 5mg under my lip, and within a minute or two my body would go "aaahhhhh" and relax. Next thing I knew it was morning, and I still had a pasty residue under my lip. :)

For a while I was taking as many as 5-6 5000mcg sublinguals a day. It definitely helped a lot, but I still had problems when the dose ran out. One important thing to understand is that sublinguals only deliver B12 while they're in your mouth, and that dose doesn't seem to last long once it's in your body. They appear to work better if they're in contact with your oral mucosa for longer periods. If you suck on the sublingual and it's gone in a few minutes, you only got a few minutes' worth of benefit. Most of the B12 went down your throat where it won't do you much good. If you want to use the CL 5mg, I recommend breaking it into quarters. Place the quarter-tab under your lip, where it will dissolve very slowly, gradually infusing the B12 into your system. I believe four quarters will give you much more benefit than dissolving the whole tablet at once. BTW I also combined the CL with a dibencozide sublingual, since I seem to need both methyl- and adenosylcobalamin.

After using the CL for a number of months I found out about the Australian B12 oil products (see this thread), and that works vastly better for me. The oils deliver a slow and steady drip of B12 into your system over a period of hours, instead of the spiky short-term dose of the sublinguals. And it's really nice to not have a mouthful of sugary pills all the time.

I still occasionally use a quarter-tab of the CL if I wake in the night with symptoms, but that's pretty rare since I started using the oil.