• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow- did it change???

Asklipia

Yesterday as I said I tried one of the mb12 Solgar 1 mg I had left.
I feel the effect much more than 1 mg Jarrow. So I wasn't "getting used to it" as I thought.

This is not to say I don't feel any effect from the Jarrow. It is there but slighter.

arx

Has anyone tried the NOW foods 1000 mcg Methyl B12 sublingual? If yes,how would you rate its effectiveness?

place

Be Strong!
My State has lost power recently due to a wind storm (I might get it back in 7 days, yeah!)....so I'm a little late to this dance. I have the same thing happen to me. I started taking 5mg (because it was easier then taking 10 pills). I got sick the first week with the flue so I thought It was dragging out over the month. But then last week I started taking ET 1mg, and I was back in the game within 30 minutes.

Jarrow not effective at all for me now. I only take ET 1mg, but have had to start my dosing over again to get back up to 10mg. I willing to do any testing of brands, Freddd, just let me know the top 5 to purchase...

Place,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Each time I see yet another post saying that they have noticed the Jarrow brand does not seem to be working, I realize it wasn't just my imagination.

If you have an iHerb account, log in to your account and click on 'My Reviews'. I seldom review things, but have bought a lot, and everything I've every bought is listed, so I had it filter by products 'A-Z' and had to click through a bunch of pages to find the one with all the Jarrow products I have bought.

I then reviewed it and mentioned how it is not working well anymore. Might be worth it to get more reviews mentioning this on there.

jeffrez

I'm pro-Israel and anti-terrorist attacks against innocent women and children, and even regardless of that I've noticed no difference in the mb12 in plastic bottles at all. Would prefer glass, of course, and might try Solgar, which is also a good brand.

Fwiw for people still wanting the Jarrow (or even other supps), it's usually less expensive at Vitacost, which is getting more of my business lately b/c of generally lower cost and b/c iherb has become so pathetic on shipping recently.

edit: Btw, I am taking the 5mg mb12. I still get enough cutting them in half, and still get palpitations by taking more than 1 tab a day. Seems basically the same effectiveness to me, it's interesting that ppl are noticing less effect. Think I'll definitely try Solgar or AOR to compare. Thx for raising this issue.

Victronix

Solgar has done very well so far -- it is definitely stronger than the Jarrow because when I stayed on the same dosage I had a lot of start-up symptoms, so I've reduced it back to the amount of Jarrow I was taking a few months back and it's doing great. These things take a while to settle down, but I'll post if there is a change.

Thanks for the reminder about posting a reviews.

Victronix

Fwiw for people still wanting the Jarrow (or even other supps), it's usually less expensive at Vitacost, which is getting more of my business lately b/c of generally lower cost and b/c iherb has become so pathetic on shipping recently.
I haven't had any trouble with iherb with shipping recently. They seem responsive. When I complained about the Jarrow they got back to me. If there is a shipping problem they probably would be interested to know.

jeffrez

I haven't had any trouble with iherb with shipping recently. They seem responsive. When I complained about the Jarrow they got back to me. If there is a shipping problem they probably would be interested to know.

Maybe it's b/c I live on the East coast? Shipments from them used to take a few days, 3-5. Now they're more like 10-14. It's a little excessive, even if "free!"

Wondering if this Jarrow problem is just from a bad batch, or possibly change of b12 supplier. Seriously doubt it has anything to do with the plastic bottle, as most other places use plastic, too, and they're basically all the same bottles, most are even the same shape, come from the same places I would imagine (somewhere in china probably). I have an unopened Jarrow that I think I'll try to return, though. Glad to have found out about this, supplements are expensive enough as it is w/out wasting money on one that's ineffective!

Victronix

Yes, it's certainly possible that it doesn't have to do with the plastic but just coincidentally the content changed at the same time that they moved to plastic bottles entirely. And although others do use plastic, there are a variety of plastics and likely those have different effects on the content.

What concerns me is their lack of response to questions on this issue. Jarrow had responded to me on a previous question, but I sent three different messages to both emails and website and got no response this time.

Methyl B-12 is not like a vitamin C -- it can have immediate and profound effects on the nervous system, so it's not the average vitamin and requires great care because it is so fragile to elements. Unfortunately many vitamin companies which seem very good on some vitamins are terrible on B-12, and offer only cyano cobalamin. Even Life Extension took a long time to figure that one out.

it's not from the plastic as I said in an earlier post. I have been using jarrrow since it was in glass, and it only has recently felt lvss effective and different these past few months.(and it';s been in plastic for over a yr)
The plastic is a concern though because it is pete plastic with poisons in it.

Anyway, Idk if im going to buy from vitacost again. The two bottles of jarrow I got have no cotton bals in them and although the had seals im kind of paranoid..also my pea protein free sample is expired.

I have heard iherb steals your money is this true?

Interesting, I've been ordering from iHerb since the late 90's. I've not had any problems with shipping, usually 3-5 days. I live in IL, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, can't recall if I mentioned this, but when I started the Jarrow Mb12 it was a glass bottle that I had bought about a year ago, and I saw symptom relief. When I re-ordered, it came in the plastic bottle.

Wondering if the problem with the Jarrow is due to Jarrow, or due to how iHerb stores it?

Ema

I buy the Jarrow from Amazon.

I haven't had any problems with shipping from iHerb either but I have noticed recently that Amazon's subscribe and save program is almost always significantly cheaper when it is an option.

The Bluebonnet arrived today. I'll see if I notice anything different with it in the AM.

Victronix

Jarrow sent a canned response to the website form I filled out. Too late, I've already moved on.

Thank you for your e-mail to Jarrow Formulas.

Methyl B12 raw material is naturally pink/red in color. Our lozenge color can vary in color from pink to pink/white, to white.

Methyl B12, stored under normal temperature ranges and humidity has excellent stability, even after three years.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best Regards,
Sarah
Tech Support
Jarrow Formulas,Inc.

info@jarrow.com

Victronix

Oh, if the issue is iherb somehow, I would expect the Solgar that I just ordered from them to be decreased in quality from the one I just picked up at the local store. But that comparison won't happen until a couple of weeks from now.

Victronix,
That is a very disappointing response from Jarrow. They did not even address the fact that you noticed it is not working as well, you would think they would at least have thanked you for bringing it to their attention and that they would look into it to see if others were experiencing the same. Sounds like they are not interested in dealing with this.

Maybe a bunch of negative reviews on iHerb will help. I did mine, gave it one star.