• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

jarrow- did it change???

Gary, I was not aware of that CL product. It is a higher dose than the ET one, so I think I will order it next time. So do you see noticeable positive effects from it?
  2. S

jarrow- did it change???

I stopped using Jarrow a couple years ago because the citric acid was eroding my tooth enamel and causing mouth sores I was using the Perque hydroxycobalamin about a year and a half ago and it was OK. I realized that I get better results with the enzymatic therapy B12 infusion. I...
  3. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

At the very bottom of this long paper, I found this interesting section about folic acid use in pregnancy possibly contributing to ASD, ADHD, asthma, diabetes, and childhood obesity. http://www.imdtheory.blogspot.com/ Although there appears to be only a little preliminary evidence implicating...
  4. S

Systemic enzymes and infections

Just a caveat, as much as I'm a proponent of enzymes for various health conditions, they are known to causing thinning of the blood by interfering with platelet aggregation. This could be a positive effect if a person's blood tends to form clots, but could be problem if one's clotting times...
  5. S

Systemic enzymes and infections

I used to get sinus infections frequently. I'd go on several rounds of Abx to no avail. I'm heavily into alternative treatments and always was able to stop other infections with the handfuls of supplements/herbs, but not the sinus infections. One time I was away at a training seminar with a...
  6. S

New Study About Ferritin Levels, Fatigue and Iron Supplementation.

Justy, I mostly lurk but read your post and I remembered I had a study about copper deficiency and anemia. I could not find the study I had, but I did find this. I don't know if it is even relevant in your case, but basically it says that when taking ample iron is not increasing your iron...
  7. S

mb12, adb12 and mthf lozenge with no sweeteners and pointless additives?

I also have problems with the sugar alcohols, they are known to cause digestive upset and bowel problems. And we know xylitol is used to kill germs in the mouth, so I wonder what it does to our good intestinal bacteria. I also would like an oral b12 sans the sugar alcohols, but also sans the...
  8. S

jarrow- did it change???

Adster, I agree, those sugar alcohols cause intestinal upset for me and many people, they are known for that. And the citric acid definitely erodes my tooth enamel. Stevia would be preferable if they must sweeten it.
  9. S

jarrow- did it change???

Victronix, That is a very disappointing response from Jarrow. They did not even address the fact that you noticed it is not working as well, you would think they would at least have thanked you for bringing it to their attention and that they would look into it to see if others were...
  10. S

jarrow- did it change???

Interesting, I've been ordering from iHerb since the late 90's. I've not had any problems with shipping, usually 3-5 days. I live in IL, not sure if that makes a difference. Also, can't recall if I mentioned this, but when I started the Jarrow Mb12 it was a glass bottle that I had bought...
  11. S

jarrow- did it change???

If you have an iHerb account, log in to your account and click on 'My Reviews'. I seldom review things, but have bought a lot, and everything I've every bought is listed, so I had it filter by products 'A-Z' and had to click through a bunch of pages to find the one with all the Jarrow products...
  12. S

jarrow- did it change???

Place, Thanks for sharing your experience. Each time I see yet another post saying that they have noticed the Jarrow brand does not seem to be working, I realize it wasn't just my imagination.
  13. S

jarrow- did it change???

Victronix, Sounds promising for the Solgar, please keep us updated.
  14. S

jarrow- did it change???

I have no problem with the Jarrow CEO at all. It certainly wouldn't keep me from buying their products which are, for the most part, quite good.
  15. S

jarrow- did it change???

Sparrow, I have ordered professional supplements through http://www.pureformulas.com/index.html (PureFormulasdotcom), although looks like they do not carry AOR. I wish iherb would carry more professional lines, too. It will be interesting to see all of our experiences getting back on an...
  16. S

jarrow- did it change???

Ema, that is awesome that you are a descendant of her! I am from Mass. and my ancestry goes back to the early 1600's. My family is still there, although I live in IL. Please be sure to report back as to how the Bluebonnet works for you. It helps to know that the woman at WF also noticed...
  17. S

jarrow- did it change???

Ema, I have not, but I'm afraid to try anything that has not been tested in this forum, as I respect all the knowledge and experience here. And I'm a relative newbie to this MB12 and MFol so can't offer a whole lot of advice.
  18. S

jarrow- did it change???

Since I last posted how Jarrow B12 helped my IBS, I seem to have relapsed and like you, Asklipia, thought I was 'getting used to it'. But after reading this thread I realized that when I had started taking the Jarrow again which resulted in my most recent improvements that I posted about, it was...
  19. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi hixxy, Thanks for the info. If I have undiagnosed MTHFR defect and take the folinic, what type of reaction can I expect to see? I took the first one today. So far nothing.
  20. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Lynn, That is wonderful that Fredd's protocol has helped you and others so much. It brings tears to my eyes to read some of these stories. As an example the guy named RED (something or other) whose wife was so debilitated with CFS and god-knows-what-else. Beginning the protocol was rough...
  21. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

While I am awaiting my order for ET mB12 and Solgar Mfolate, I checked my stash of supplements and saw I had Source Natural MegaFolinic folinic acid. I seem to recall Rich mentioning this as acceptable, and Fredd also, but I could be wrong. In any case, I thought I would take it along with...
  22. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Lynn, Thanks for the links and explanations, I think I'm understanding this better now. I have also been perusing the b12d.org site and Pernicious Anaemia Society site. I am starting to believe I need to be tested for parietal cell antibodies. I have 2 risk factors: my great-grandmother...
  23. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Lynn, Yes, both had folic acid, the B-Complex had 800mcg, the multi had 400mcg. The form of B12 in the B-Complex is dibencozide/methycobalamin, I switch multis occasionally but likely neither had methylated forms of FA or B12. The MTHFR is a totally new concept for me and I'm not sure I...
  24. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Lynn, I had not been taking the MB12 at the time I had the MMA test done. I had bought it last year and used it for a week or two then forgot about it. I did take a multi and a B-Complex a few times/week, but that is all. I only started taking the MB12 several days ago.
  25. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hello everyone, I'm not one for posting on forums, but I felt an obligation to share my experience because this forum has been the answer to a problem I've been dealing with for the past year. I am a 59 year old female, generally have been in good health with the exception of Hashimoto's...