• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Crazy insane itching! Somebody make it go away!

Two words: Low potassium. ! Seriously, I was going mad with itching when starting b12/methylfolate, and how do you find the cause of a generic symptom like that?! Luckily I managed to pinpoint it.... Read what Freddd has to say about low potassium dangers and then try supplementing. :)
  2. D

HYPERSENSITIVITY IDENTIFIED

My symptoms are mainly neurological, I haven't been diagnosed with CFS/ME but I've suffered from brain fog, generalised anxiety and fatigue for as long as I can remember (i'm 23). I've been doing mb12, methylfolate for a few months and experienced lots of encouraging signs of healing. More...
  3. D

POTASSIUM- when does the Hypokalemia stop ??????

LDN, here it is: http://phoenixrising.me/forums/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics
  4. D

Interesting, adreno. Do you supplement with magnesium at all? Would the low ATP levels be caused by the methylation protocol according to your theory, or is it a separate health issue?
  5. D

Thankyou LDN, I was going to ask this same question! I've been taking the methylation supps for about the same time that you have, and I still get symptoms of low potassium if I don't take enough of it. I use transdermal magnesium oil but maybe it takes a while to build up your mag. levels...
  6. D

Is cyano B12 better than nothing?

It's worse than nothing according to what I've heard, because of the cyanide molecule causing problems for people with methylation issues.
  7. D

Active B12 Protocol Basics

For those in the UK who can't get hold of the recommended B-complexes, there's a Biocare one called B Plex which contains no folic acid or b12. It doesn't have metafolin or methylb12 either, but I figured it's better to have nothing than to have the harmful forms of the vitamins.
  8. D

Newbie questions, help please Freddd/anyone?

Thanks for your advice guys - I've had my main questions answered. I'm actually feeling a lot more clear-minded and have more energy since starting a different kind of methylb12 (Jarrow instead of Solgar - the Jarrow ones take longer to dissolve which probably makes the b12 more absorbable)...
  9. D

No, not been diagnosed w/celiac. I had a blood test once, but the doctor didn't tell me that you're supposed to load up on gluten-containing foods in the weeks before the test - I was already avoiding gluten by this point. I don't want to make myself ill by eating gluten, just to have a formal...
  10. D

Thanks for your thorough reply, Rich! What is NAC? It is encouraging that I'm having results from this. I haven't ever felt properly well and I'm hoping I've finally uncovered the reason why. Hi Nanonug, I'm lucky that I've never had ME/CFS to the debilitating degree that some have - i.e...
  11. D

Hi there, I'm very glad I found this forum, as you all seem so knowledgeable. I'm 22 years old, have been struggling along with sub-par energy levels and general poor health since my teens, and have been looking for a solution ever since. I've tried things like the candida diet, detoxing...