• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Megasporebiotic - Has anyone tried this?

Hello Thank you for this post. Quite coincidentally, I've devised a plan similar to this to treat my SIBO. I came across your post while (trying to) research when to take the PHGG and how to time taking the biofilm disruptor and the abx. Im surprised that you take the PHGG at night as I...
  2. T

Going upstairs

When I had my major 'crash' and finally realised that I had CFS - in hindsight it'd been creeping on for years, I finally could really understand why the elderly needed to sell their two storey homes and move into an apartment or single level home. Those last stairs up to the bedroom at night...
  3. T

Mold Illness Resources and Information

If I am at level 0 in my understanding of mold and whether this may be a factor or not, where do I start? I have no obvious signs of damp or mold in my home. How does one check to begin to investigate this as an issue? Thanks
  4. T

B2 I love you!

I have just posted a link to broad general article on B2. Some of your questions may be answered in the section Nutrient Interactions -B-complex vitamins. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/riboflavin/
  5. T

B2 I love you!

I am relatively new to this thread and it has grown so fast in just a day! I found this link useful and the sections 'Nutrient Interactions, B-complex vitamins' and Deficiency interesting. For you, symptoms of riboflavin deficiency include "sore throat, redness and swelling of the lining of...
  6. T

B2 I love you!

Dog Person I would think there is little doubt that a multi B is beneficial, however this is new info to me about B2 being depleted due to its role as an co-enzyme/activator. Do you have any suggestion as to the additional quantity of B2 to take when one takes a multi-B (over and above...
  7. T

Article: Phoenix Rising Moving!....to New Forum Package- Evaluators Requested..

Hi Cort I would be happy to help evaluate the new system. Let me know if my services are required at any stage. Best regards Anita ps If I may, Id like to offer a few observations on the exisiting interface: - The site has become a victim of its own success! I have been a participant for...
  8. T

Methylation - hair loss

thanks Rich I have to pull out my amino acid profile to review again. I had a urine based one done about 6 months ago here in Australia [I am presently investigating having the panel that you recommend done in the US as I want a better base line diagnosis]. My practitioner prescribed a Thorne...
  9. T

Methyl donors - SAMe, TMG + any others ie DMG

Freddd You say that DMG is a very weak methyl donor compared to TMG or Choline. Do you suggest supplementing with choline as it is not listed in your protocol? You also say "TMG with another methyl group, 4 in all". What do you mean by "4 in all"? Thank you
  10. T

Intestinal Parasites and B12

......and bad bacteria/gut flora.
  11. T

Intestinal Parasites and B12

What a minefield! Gut bacteria = good bacteria and bad bacteria. We know this drill -decrease bad and increase the good. Now to balance parasite eradication against helminthic therapy! (I just read a post here on PR about helminthic therapy and have broadly googled it, but not in depth and...
  12. T

Low glutathione: amino acids or methylation?

Thank you Rich I continue to be confused by glutamine, glutamate and ultimately glutathione. Firstly, glutathione - I agree that the best way to tackle this is to address the cause of low production via methylation. No confusion there. You say "This can be caused by a low-protein diet, by...
  13. T

Methylation - hair loss

Hi Ive recently been focusing on BH4 following listening to an Amy Yasko vid. What test identifies BH4 levels please? thank you
  14. T

Let's talk Mucous

Heartburn and/or GERDS are often thought to be caused by excess stomach acid when in fact the opposite ie low stomach acid is the cause. There is much on PR about this and a diy test for stomach acid levels. Search GERD and stomach acid on PR and you will find some useful info.
  15. T

Let's talk Mucous

Hi Two things - in post 6 you state that Guernsey cows are A1. They are in fact A2 and more A2 than Jersey cows which are rated second best A2 source. Goats milk is also a source of A2. Here are a few links that I just randomly googled...
  16. T

Exercise Alters Epigenetics

Thanks for the youtube link. Six degrees of separation alive and well on the internet. Several weeks ago on an Amy Yasko video, she mentioned the mice study in terms of epigenetics and just today I chanced upon this info about receipts and BPA (BPA and ink mentioned at around 46:22min on the...
  17. T

How many days between adding a new supplement to check for negative side effect?

Thanks Madie but it wasnt that. If I recall, I tried potassium but it didnt help (beyond one day) and I didnt have any of the typical potassium deficiency symptoms - just feeling very very low unexpectedly (I think that was a symptom you and I shared but if I remember correctly, you were the...
  18. T

How many days between adding a new supplement to check for negative side effect?

Greetings I was taking a range of supplements for quite a while before I started on the AMP (comprising the 3 basics + all cofactors). Result was a notable worsening of brain fog and I developed insomnia (the early waking and appearing not to get into deep sleep variety). Ten days ago I...
  19. T

Blood Brain Barrier

Thanks Rydra Yes, I had thyroid actively tested last year. TSH, T3 and T4. All normal. I will double check my TSH result tomorrow. The only thing thyroid related that came up abnormal was my iodine (via urine test) which was significantly below the reference range. I am on a thyroid...
  20. T

Doctors in Melbourne - Geoff Littlejohn?

If you are after an integrative medicine practitioner, you can find one near you via the following two associations: http://www.acnem.org/modules/mastop_publish/?tac=35 http://www.aima.net.au/find_a_practitioner.html FYI, I see a doctor at this clinic, NIIM, and you will see that several...
  21. T

Doctors in Melbourne - Geoff Littlejohn?

I cannot comment on Dr Littlejohn so am not of much direct help. This is his website however and this will give you a feel for his approach http://www.pathoutofpain.com.au/infomation/html/fibro_syndrome.html I dont have FM but note that his emphasis appears to be pain management and there is...
  22. T

Epsom salt baths or Magnesium oil?

You need to add at least one cup of epsom to the bath and soak for at least 30 minutes. I find this beneficial. Dont use anything else in the water, including soap as this will interfere with absorption. Hope it works for you
  23. T

Insomnia from Methylation Protocol???

Thanks Angela How long do these symptoms take to pass? Do they recur for you each time you increase methyl groups? Thank you
  24. T

Blood Brain Barrier

Ive been wondering about BBB dysfunction recently too. What needs to bind with B12 to ensure entry into cells (esp BBB) or what happens if the binding cannot take place? ie normal serum B12 but possibly CSF B12 deficiency. I have severe brain fog and this is now by far my worst symptom as it...
  25. T

Appointment with KDM! any advice?

Hi Ivana I just happened to read a post tonight about signs of adrenal fatigue and light sensitivity is one (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/6-little-known-signs-of-adrenal-fatigue/) . You may also want to google light sensitivity and adrenals further. What adrenal supplements are you...
  26. T

Need larger and larger B12 doses

Sorry to hear about the weight gain. Contrary to traditional medicine opinion, fat does not put fat on. It does however if you combine it with carbs. In short a low carb diet works (a ala Atkins style). REad Gary Taubes, Good Calories Bad Calories. He came to write this from an objective...
  27. T

The difference between MS and ME

Hi Annesse So it turns out that we are on the same page. It sounds like we share very similar or possibly the same diet protocol. My diet is pretty much an organic traditional/paleo diet one. I also agree about the sauerkraut (and other probiiotics) and mentioned this in posts in the Gut/KDM...
  28. T

Thank you Annesse for your response I look forward to your view on my other questions. Can I add one more? lol! At post #173 you say "If you are unable to bind and transport vitamin B12 because you have lost protease will you successfully be able to circumvent the body's design and restore...
  29. T

And at Post 141: Annesse, it is an interesting theory you have. Do you have any thoughts of enhancing the activity of DNase 1? I believe many CFS sufferers (including me) have already tried supplementing pancreatic enzymes without success. Annesse Are you able to comment on the above two...