• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by bsw

bsw
bsw
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
A videogame that crosses the difficulty and gameplay of Dark Souls with the nonsensical, existential despair of a Franz Kafka novel. Seriously though I just finished killing the giant spider-demon-witch-lady in Dark Souls. Felt fantastic. Playing a tanky character and it feels amazing to be...
bsw
bsw
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
There seems to be a pattern with these recovery logs. Every time I get close to the end of the 30 days, I come down with a cold. This is unfortunate, as it colors what I write here. Believe me, I really wanted to say something else this time, but as per usual, life got in the way. I started...
bsw
bsw
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Unfortunately I have made little progress since last time I posted. I came down with an utterly awful cold that rendered me incapable for several weeks (at least 19 days). During this time I was coughing up large amounts of fantastically colored mucus, dealing with the worst sore throat and...
bsw
bsw
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Jeez, little late with this one. About 35 days ago I started the ketogenic diet. This lead to a pleasant increase in overall energy and allowed me to get more stuff done in my life. While this increase in energy was fantastic, it was usually followed by a crash a couple days later. These crashes...
bsw
bsw
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
If you're a observant reader of my updates (highly unlikely), you'll have noticed this entry has a change in the title. I have incorprated the ketogenic diet into my life as another method of recovery from CFS. So far I have noticed increases in important areas, such as energy and concentration...
bsw
bsw
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
That time of the month again PR! Unfortunately I have no fancy graphs to show you guys this time as my energy showed little change throughout the 30 month period. I am not discouraged by the lack of progress however as I was sick with the common cold for most of the time. (I put 'sick' in the...
bsw
bsw
4 min read
Views
User Blogs
That time of the month again PR! Unfortunately I have no fancy graphs to show you guys this time as my energy showed little change throughout the 30 month period. I am not discouraged by the lack of progress however as I was sick with the common cold for most of the time. (I put 'sick' in the...
bsw
bsw
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Note: I did not do an update for the 30 days between 8/4/15 and 7/5/15 due to illness and lack of progress. You did not miss out on much. Futhermore I have come down with an awful cold recently that is effecting me. Despite this I remain positive, due to the changes I have undergone over the...
bsw
bsw
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I decided recently that I would like to give back to this community, after it gave me a foundation to start healing from. I thought that the best way to do this would be to create a glossary of terms commonly used in the methylation forums, as it would be a benefit to a new individual who is...
bsw
bsw
2 min read
Views
User Blogs
Its been more then a month since my last update on my progress with meythlation. I lost track of it as I have been quite busy this week. In my previous entry I noticed how I had spikes in my health that occured once a week or so. This trend continued for the first week, but after that I entered...
bsw
bsw
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I started Rich's methylation protocol 30 days ago after having to wait about 3 weeks for the supplements to arrive from holistichealth. (Australian customs are awful for this sorta thing) Due to my excitement at finally starting treatment and due to my impatience caused by having to wait so...